How Uphold Health Works
We deliver customized care planning services that help patients better understand their options and communicate their end of life wishes. We support informed decision-making, help predict and prepare for future care events and connect patients, providers and health systems with right-sized solutions at the right time in the care process.
How it Works
The process is simple and straightforward. Patients and caregivers come to Uphold Health for guidance (either via their provider or of their own accord), and we take it from there.
It looks like this:
- Providers, employers and health systems invite patients to use the Uphold Health platform before, during or after a visit.
- Patients are engaged in brief educational content that provides context to their current health and environment.
- A licensed healthcare provider (care coordinator) engages with a patient via our video-platform to discuss their future care decisions, explore options, and discover the right resources.
- Documents such as DNRs and powers of attorney are created and care preferences are shared with family, providers, health plans, etc.
- Conversation guides are provided to primary care providers to facilitate more efficient and effective appointments, referrals, and future care plans based on the patient preferences.
The whole process is designed to ensure a more personalized, custom-fit advance care experience that adheres to the patient’s exact end of life preferences.
More Personalized, More Prepared
Our approach offers patients and providers better, more actionable and more personalized care at every point in the healthcare process. It empowers patients to learn more about their health, plan for future care needs and better communicate their wishes with providers, caregivers and anyone else involved in their care.